Picture: Winners of the 2010 Oscar Awards, Catherine Bigolow, Sandra Bullock, Jeff Bridges and Christoph Waltz (Photo - Bild Zeitung)
The 82nd Academy Awards were held on March 7, 2010 at the Kodak Theater in Los Angelos. The event was hosted by Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.
The first Oscar went to Christoph Waltz who took home the award for best supporting actor for his portrayal of a sociable Nazi friend in Inglourious Basterds. The Oscar for supporting actress went to the well deserved Mo'Nique for her amazing job as an abusive welfare mom in Precious. Sandra Bullock picked up the Oscar for Best Actress in a leading role for Blind Side. Catherine Bigolow was the first women ever to win the Oscar as best director. Here are all the winners.
1. Best Picture –Hurt Locker
2. Best Director – Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker
3. Best Actor – Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
4. Best Actress – Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
5. Best Supporting Actor – Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)
6. Best Supporting Actress – Mo’Nique “Precious”
7. Best Original Screenplay – Mark Boal (The Hurt Locker)
8. Best Adapted Screenplay – Geoffrey Fletcher, Precious
9. Best Animated Feature – Up
10. Best Foreign Language Film – El Secreto do Sus Ojos (Argentina)
11. Best Documentary Feature – The Cove
12. Best Score – Up
13. Best Original Song – “The Weary Kind” (Crazy Heart) – Ryan Bingham and T-Bone Burnett
14. Best Film Editing – The Hurt Locker
15. Best Cinematography – Avatar
16. Best Costume Design – The Young Victoria
17. Best Art Direction – Avatar
18. Best Makeup – Star Trek
19. Best Visual Effects – Avatar
20. Best Documentary (Short Subject) – Music by Prudence
21. Best Short Film (Animated) – Logorama
22. Best Short Film (Live Action) – The New Tenants
23. Best Sound Editing – The Hurt Locker
24. Best Sound Mixing – The Hurt Locker
Following the ceremony, the nominees and the 1500 guests were invited to the Annual Academy Awards Governors Ball. Here is - in short - what they drank and ate.
Red and White Wine
As in the years before, Sterling Vineyards, the reliable producer from Napa Valley, had crafted two wines exclusively for Oscar night festivities. A few hundred cases of the Gold Standard Reserve Chardonnay and Red Carpet Reserve Cabernet are produced for this party only.
Founded in 1812, Laurent-Perrier is one of the finest Champagne Houses in France. Over 500 bottles of the Grand Siecle Champagne were consumed last night.
The wines were poured to pair with a menu created by Austrian Super-Chef Wolfgang Puck, as in the years before.
Schiller Wine - Related Postings
Queen Elizabeth II gives State Banquet in Honor of President Zuma - Neither English Sparkler nor South African Wine Served.
Wine Event: The Wines at the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize Award in Oslo in Honor of President Obama
Wine Event: The Wines served at President's Obama State Dinner of the Indian Prime Minister
Wine Event: Wines served at the 2009 Nobel Prize Banquet in Stockholm
Berlin International Film Festival 2010, Renee Zellweger, Hanna Schygulla, Werner Herzog and German Wine