Thursday, October 15, 2009

In the Glass: Two Rieslings from Washington State, US

I grew up with dry German Rieslings. For so many years in my life, I would always have an open bottle or two of dry German Riesling in my fridge. This has changed, since I have moved to the US. I have started to appreciate Rieslings made in other wine regions of the World, in particular in the Finger Lakes region in upstate New York and in Washington State.

Harvey Steimann has put a very nice video on the web site of the Wine Spectator in which he tastes two Rieslings from Washington State. He is rather positive about these two wines and I fully agree with him.

2007 Riesling, Colombia Valley, Dry, Chateau Ste. Michelle
2007 Riesling Kung Fu Girl, Columbia Valeey, Charles Smith Wines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ADq1rcpqc&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment